Thursday, January 17, 2013

For the Love of a child.

Most people don't stop by my blog, some of you who do, won't care, but we have been having our little family struggles. Riley is such a bright and sweet little boy. Unfortunately he is the one church leaders have pegged out as the disobedient one. I work with him on numerous occasions here at home to teach him how to sit, listen, and obey. This is not an easy task with a three year old and when all avenues fail, you too feel like a failure. I have decided that early intervention is the answer. My family has a history of ADD so it's definitely a possibility. Some of you may argue that no such things exists, but I assure you it does. My beef with all of this is the Occupational Therapist's and insurance companies. Aetna, not until the first of this year covered Occupational Therapy. No Therapist in Denver are covered by Aetna. I have talked with the insurance company as to how a doctor can get covered. Unfortunately the Therapist themselves need to be the ones to contact them and get the ball rolling. After relaying this information to the doctors office I received a call to schedule an appointment. "Yes," I thought I have solved the situation. After setting up a date and giving my e-mail for forms to be sent to my address I was ready to go. The next down fall was the e-mail stating what I should have with me at the evaluation appointment. I can't tell you how hard it is as a mom to know your son needs help and finding road blocks all along the way. They asked me for a chunk of change I do not have. Needless to say, I am back at square one with my boxing gloves up. It's going to be quite the battle, but eventually some one is going to want to bring in new patients and I won't stop until I find the right practice who will try.

3 comments:

KyleAndAlicia said...

Hey you're a great mom who loves her kiddos and I know you'll find a way to help him! Good luck, we're cheering for you guys! :)

Nicole said...

Riley is an awesome kid and I can definitely tell you do a great job with him!

The Monsons said...

That is so frustrating! Keep up the fight, we'll pray for your little family!