Thursday, January 31, 2013

Needed prayers.

Sometimes you just need to get things out in the open. I recently found out that I am pregnant and became so excited. It is a wonderful blessing bringing a new life into the world. Unfortunately this one is becoming a roller coaster of emotions. My first visit was not pleasant. We could not see the baby at all. The doctor said that maybe I counted wrong and that it was just too early to tell. She ordered an ultrasound with my technician, which also showed nothing. I had blood work done which came back positive for a baby, but my progesterone levels were low. I am now taking a prescribed medication hoping that things will work out for the best. This past Tuesday I went in for my third ultrasound. This time we saw a little heart beating. I was thrilled thinking "yes things have worked out for the best." Then the doubt settled back in when the technician noticed it's heartbeat was on the very low end. Thinking positively I pushed  it aside thinking next week when I go in they will find the heartbeat and everything will be fine. Then I received phone call after phone call from the doctor. This really nerved me because we had been playing phone tag for a day and a half. Her messages were very vague. Today I was able to get a hold of her and was told to have my 4th ultrasound next Monday. Even though this experience has been tough for me, I now have an understanding of what women are going through with high risk pregnancies and those who loose their little ones. It really is emotionally taxing, and though I am doing everything in my power to keep this little one alive, there is still a part of me that is aching. Maybe this is a lesson where I have to put my faith in Heavenly Fathers plan. So far our little one is measuring 6 weeks along. I'm hoping Monday brings good news and that the poking a prodding will end soon. I don't mean to be downer I just thought I'd update everyone incase things go South.

2 comments:

KyleAndAlicia said...

We're praying for you. Love you guys!

Jaclyn said...

I'm so sorry you are going thru this struggle. :( I'll be praying for you and baby! Keep us posted...