Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nesting!

We are a little less than three months away from Natalie's due date. With this knowledge comes an overwhelming need to be prepared and constantly busy. Not only am I due soon, but so are three of my friends. Did we plan to all get pregnant within 5 months of each other? NO. My first friend Marty is having her baby at the beginning of May. I have always wanted a cover for my car seat. The wind here in Colorado is awful and I can't tell you how often poor moms loose blankets to the wind. So as I began to plan Natalie's I decided "why not make them for all of my friends!" Now, I am not a novice sewer. If you look close at Marty's I did not know how to make a correct inseam. Hence the crooked line. After completing hers, I did a little research and learned a sewers secret. You do not watch the needle but match the edge of your fabric to an inseam line. Genius! After fallowing that rule, my lines (though not perfect) looked so much better on Natalie's. Two down and two more to go!

For Marty's sweet boy!
My Natalie's car seat cover! I fell in love with this fabric. It's Riley Blake's red riding hood line. I am so happy I found a vendor on Etsy who still had yards of this fabric. Sadly, it is no longer in season and  has been discontinued.
In the gleeful words of wheezie from dragon tales "I LOOOOVE IT!"

No comments: