Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring?

Spring is officially here! Of course it means a huge fluctuation between freezing cold and really warm, but hey we will take any day to get out of the house. 
 On a cold day, while Riley is at preschool, Lorelei and I enjoy playing with her furbanks family. I have to admit that I live vicariously through my kids. My sister and I wanted a doll house when we were young. My dad was building us an adorable colonial house for Christmas. Somehow, a toddler my mom babysat, ripped out the door frames. Sadly, we never got our doll house and to this day it has been my goal to own one.  
On Saturday we took Lolie to the hair dresser for the first time. I tried cutting her hair on my own but wasn't happy with the turn out. The lady at the salon said I did pretty good job. However, it was a lot less stressful with someone else cutting her hair. I also love how she framed her face!
After her hair and a quick shop at Costco we headed to the park. The sun was bright and the weather was perfect! Riley enjoyed playing ball with Brandon.
Lolie kept calling the play structure an ice castle. Every time she climbed the ladder she would say "I need to find my prince." or "I have to get to my prince."
Every time we pass a Baseball field, Riley's eyes light up and he always wants to explore it. He was excited to find that the field was unlocked. Brandon took the opportunity to teach him the ins and outs of the field. He even practiced running the bases. 
The fallowing pictures were taken on Sunday the next day. As I got Lorelei dressed she enthusiastically told me that daddy blow dried her hair and made her pretty. At first I did not believe her. I asked Brandon and he said he did. I was completely shocked. I remember asking him to give them baths the night before, but I did not expect him go beyond that. Miracles do happen when you attend Women's General Conference.
Our sweet Riley is now in CTR 5's! Though my calling is tough, I love watching him during sharing time. It's exciting to see how much he loves to participate and sing. Now that they have released me, a part of me is sad. I enjoyed being a part of his day at church.
All of my cuties together. Of course we had to have a goofy picture!

No comments: