Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pre-K Graduation!

We are back tracking a little, because I need to post Riley's graduation! May 20th was his last day in Mrs. Morris's class. Riley loved Mrs. Morris. Every week he would ask me what day was Tuesday and Thursday so he could go to school. His favorite things were show and tell, snack time, and learning the sounds of the alphabet. He asks me constantly how to spell things and has begun to read. One night I spelled out ice cream to Brandon and Riley said "I want ice cream!" It's a sad day when spelling things out no longer works. Another thing Riley loves is numbers. When he draws everything it's either a word, shape, number, or arrows. I can't wait to see how he does in Kindergarten!
 Riley made Mrs. Morris a bouquet of flowers as a thank you.
 The short walk to the ceremony.
(from left to right) Madison, Riley, McKenzie, Violet, Josh,  and Olivia
 Riley's whole entire class except for Olivia who was blocked by a dad.

 Receiving his certificate

 Getting to throw his hat!
Showing off his progress report, while sporting chocolate and frosting all over his mouth.
Below, are pictures his teacher took over the course of the year. I love that she made each of them an album. It gave us a little glimpse into his year. 
 Riley also learned how to cut paper. He REALLY enjoys cutting paper and I can't get him to stop. Some pictures and important papers have fallen victim to this new found hobby.

Every day Riley would act like getting to school was a race. Below in the picture you can see their to do chart. Riley, always wanted to get the first pick. He would always run out of the van saying "I won, were the first ones here!" After that and few times of him plowing over Josh, I started to show up a little later to give other kids a chance. He did not like it much in the beginning, but then he learned to adjust and share with others.
Now that school is out, Riley is constantly asking me if he can play school. I tell him, "sure you and lolli can play school all you want," he then turns to me and says, "but you have to be the teacher!" I guess it's time to crack open the summer work books and frequent trips to the library. 

No comments: