Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A trip to the zoo and other fun moments!

We went to the zoo with my side of the family! It was a nice 60 something degree day. We even got sprinkled on. I was really surprised to see the bears so active. Usually they aren't anywhere near my camera, but on this day they felt really close!
After all of the reports of kids and encounters with animals I felt like it was too easy for a kid to fall in. I made Brandon hold onto Natalie tight.
Our favorite thing at the zoo is the carousel. 
Natalie was not a fan when it stopped and I had to take her off.
This Elephant gave us a free show.
 My favorite was the mommy elephant with her young.
Lorelei was hoping to see Flamingos. We have them in the Denver Zoo, but I knew they would not be in the Oregon Zoo. She did not believe me when I told her there weren't any. Sadly when we left it finally sunk in. However she was pacified with the ownership of a stuffed one.
She also loved aunt Mindy's dog Clancy. She babied him and asked to bring him home. I told her that was not an option and now she tells everyone with a dog that I won't let her get one.
Playtime with Nana and Opa!
Because it was too cool for sprinklers my kids decided to shred leaves and throw them at Nana. Eventually we told them to stop mutilating the trees and cut a couple of daisies to hold instead.

No comments: