Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Weekend!

This Memorial Weekend snuck up on me. Ever since I have taken the non fussy Holiday approach my mental Calendar doesn't keep track anymore. On the upside our weekend was really low key and fun. Here is a little of what we did. 

We discovered a new park here in Castle Rock! It is the Rhyolite park. Of course it got it's name from the large Rhyolite rocks all over the park. Personally, I think the best find with this park is the three story tree house! The red tube slide in the back goes all the the way to the top level. Lorelei only went on it once, she decided the tan one was more her speed.  Riley however loved it!


 I'm thinking Riley really loves to rock climb. Maybe a future membership to a rock gym would be fun for him...


Love the picture of Riley above because that photo is of him in mid air jumping to reach the bell. I love it when I get action shots!

We also got spend an afternoon at our old stomping grounds. We wanted to go to another splash pad, but they closed it down due to the drought. Luckily, Civic Green was open for business because they constantly recycle the water used at this park. 

 First Lorelei wasn't sure about the water, then she decided she could touch it.

  Now she is enjoying it


 My sweet Riley loves the water


 Some cute random stories from this weekend. During church on Sunday, Riley started to sing out loud "When can I see you again? When can we do this again? I got to know, when can I see you again?"  Ever since we got Wreck it Ralph (his new favorite movie) he's been singing the main song so much that I didn't realize he was singing it out loud in church until people started to look back at us.  I guess over time you really do master the art of selective hearing. 


Lorelei, whenever I ask her to pick a movie it is always Willy Wonka.  So tonight we were watching Willy Wonka and she turned to me in the kitchen and asked "are we having bacon?" Almost every night she asks for bacon lately. It's so cute because she said it with this happy perkiness that made me wish we were having bacon. Unfortunately I had to burst her little bubble, but the chocolate chip cookie after dinner eased the blow.

Oh, and speaking of chocolate we went for a walk on the trails near our house. At one point there is a gulch that still has some water in it. Riley looked down at it and asked "is it chocolate?" I guess watching Wreck it Ralph and Willie Wonka has caused him to believe that some water may actually be chocolate.  I guess that can be easily confused when the water is murky and brown.

Also, before I forget, a while back Riley was standing at our sliding glass door one afternoon. I caught him with his hands outstretched towards the sky and he declared "Heavenly Father where are you, when will you come to me?" I couldn't resist laughing , he was so melodramatic.  Riley noticed me laughing and asked "why are you laughing mommy." I told him it was sweet of him to think about Heavenly Father and that someday he will be with him again. That quickly made him feel better, and I was happy that he recognized his Heavenly Father. 

2 comments:

KyleAndAlicia said...

I love the little stories! I love children's perspectives on life!

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend!