Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Lets go ride a Bike!

We decided on a nice fall Saturday to take the kids to the Church and remove Ri's training wheels. I am happy to say that he knew all along how to a ride a bike. He just needed a flat surface to feel comfortable! He now loves to ride his bike and I have learned to let him ride it in the street at home. I have a feeling this was very liberating for him. He constantly try's to convince me to let him ride his bike around the block without supervision. This mamma isn't ready for that one yet.
 Loli loved having the flat open space too. Lately her bike has become a horse. After I am done jogging we go on a small walk where she gets to ride her bike. Today her "horse" was a little crazy and she had to walk it most of the way home. In real life she was afraid to ride her bike for fear of crashing. Another little funny of Loli's was a serious comment she shared with me. She said "mom, living a lifetime with my family is a good responsibility!"  
 Nat and I spent our time exploring and picture taking.
 Poor Loli turned too fast and met her fate with the parking lot. I of course stopped taking photo's when I realized she was going down. 
During fall break I took all three of the kids running with me. Riley was ahead of me riding his bike and stopped at the corner to wait. When I caught up to him he looked at me and said, "Mom you sweat a lot!" I said back to him "yes buddy I do."
I love my kids and the little people they are becoming. I find that the more kids I have, the less I know about raising children. They keep life stressful, crazy, and fun! Some day I will look back and echo Charles Dickens "It was the worst of times it was the best of times."

No comments: