Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Sunday In Oahu

Sunday, Brandon and I had a full day together. We started out at the Swap Meet which is a huge Saturdays market and glorified garage sale at Aloha Stadium! There we bought a ton of souvenirs at great prices compared to the shops at Waikiki. 



First time seeing a Jack Fruit up close. They said it tasted like a banana pineapple... Not quite sure because we didn't try it. 
I was in Botanical Heaven!!!!!
 
 Sadly there were no food trucks at the Swap meet. So we went back to our Hotel for lunch and then Headed off to explore the North shore!
Loved this mural we passed every day from our Hotel
Not sure what beach this is, but I do know we stopped at it right outside South of Laie. 
After roaming the beach we headed to the temple!!!! It was gorgeous! The pictures don't do it justice at all.
After exploring the temple we drove North and stopped at Giovanni's shrimp truck. You will not believe it, but I ate garlic shrimp and loved it!!!!!!! It was cooked to perfection. Not fishy or rubbery. 
 Plus the smoothies at the adjacent truck were really good. Brandon and I enjoyed every minute of it!
 We spent the rest of our evening until sunset on the North shore.
 
In this photo you can see Venus so clearly. I really wish I had brought my tripod so I could get a clear shot of  the sunset with the stars. The clouds parted just in time.
 It was so much fun to just sit and watch the sun go down. It was one of my favorite evenings!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

The big rock you took pictures in front of is Chinaman's Hat. You got some lovely shots. I have heard that the swap meet is fun. We should go sometime. It is 10 minutes from our house.

KyleAndAlicia said...

Beautiful pictures! We love Giovanni's, Jason still talks about how good it is.